MA_Marlins Online Squadron

Relocated
It is currently 18 Oct 2018 14:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2004 17:16 
>500

Pulled the Kyushu map as the distances were too long for a DF server. It would be a good map for some organised missions, but not much use for quick FUN.

So, I have quickly finished my attempt at a "Bomber Heaven" map. All action is concentrated on Berlin. Each side has either dedicated bombers (Stuka) or multi engine aircraft (HE111, TB3, A20, B25, BF110, P38....).

Any additions please let me know, but the multiple targets make this a big map for properties and may cause some lag. It was a rush job and I hope to improve the map with some more AAA. The FBD software has changed a tad and I am unsure whether the ground target or the trains work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2005 18:22 
>500

I do love that Berlin map. You can fly all the way down Unter den Linden and over the Brandenburg gate :)

Spotted a couple of glitches with the map.

The stuff in the in the Railway yard (SW - North of a large area of parkland) - doesn't register as destroyed when you blow it up - maybe you've used the wrong sort of object? The barage balloon in German territory regsiters as a friendly kill if destroyed by the Red side.

Not sure how much AAA you can get away with. The stuff coming up from Templehof airport was lagging me out a little - what with all the ground detail.

I also destroyed the railway yard building - was this a ground target? If so - it didn't register.

The cars felt a little too easy to find and destroy (but then nobody was shooting at me) - maybe more of them? Some AAA? I dunno.

Very enjoyable map though :D :D :D I enjoyed flying my Beau over Berlin :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2005 22:33 
>500

I'll sort out the AAA - less at airfield and some with trucks and maybe tanks. The balloon marks a general ground target and was a test to see if this is included in the FBD software as they have a section for "Ground Targets" but it looks like this part is still operating like the old software (Trains). I'll sort the targets, much of this stuff is trial and error.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]