MA_Marlins Online Squadron

Relocated
It is currently 25 Sep 2018 19:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fake or not?
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2012 13:45 
>500

Many years ago while visiting a Duxford airshow I wandered into one of the hangers to browse through the "retail opportunities". In those days they didn't have the rows of stands we witness today. On one of these stands I first saw the Robert Taylor llimited edition prints, and one in particular caught my eye:-

http://www.oliversart.co.uk/acatalog/eagles-high.htm

Not knowing much about these prints and wondering whether it was a scam I decided not to pay the £100 wanted. Upon discovering there were genuine collectors limited edition prints I managed to buy another (Bader Bus Company) from a local art shop that was closing. However all the time since I have been trying to source one of the Eagles High prints. Occasionally I have seen one for nigh on £1000 and had resigned myself to never being able to get one. A couple of weeks ago at Duxford I saw one. They were asking £800 and I check with the gallery whether they would accept an offer....they said £750, but the manner in which I was treated suggested they couldn't be bothered. Geoffrey Wellum was sitting a few feet away and, I guess naturally, they were more interested in looking after him. So I left empty handed after much deliberation.

So then I checked ebay. Now I am not a great fan of ebay, but there was one on there at a starting price of £250. So I placed a bid and much to my surprise I won. Well I have the print and the COA and it looks totally genuine to me and if not, a damned good copy:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190722934950? ... _cvip=true

I didn't buy as an investment, so fake or not, I am happy.....I guess the fact that I got it £500 cheaper makes me think there is a possibility it is not genuine.

Post subject: Re: Fake or not?
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012 00:22 
>500

niiiiice. Sadly I don't know enough about art to venture an opinion on the provenance of the picture, but it looks lovely :) :bob:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012 10:54 
>1000

I've got a few old pictures somewhere, probably worth bugger all but I liked them, they got taken down at some point cant remember where they went after that..

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012 17:31 
>500

Well it's mounted now....I'll try to add a picture later...and it looks fantastic. I'm very pleased with it.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012 18:26 
>500

All I can say is it seems to me an appropriate value - I've no real idea of course! It looks great too and if you're happy with it that's the main thing :nuts:.