MA_Marlins Online Squadron

Relocated
It is currently 24 Jan 2021 04:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Question Two:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 17:42 
>1000

Now only answer this IF you have answered Question One!!

On the presumption that you have become a good pilot and you have now expernienced your dream plane...

you have 2 choices!!!

DO you now have unlimited flights in this plane for the next 12 months, take it to air shows, and generally live the dream life for a year.

OR...

and its a big or....

DO you get to fly a SECOND plane of someone elses choice, which will be different to the first, and then become part of a squadron of those planes, AND get to fly formatons, and even have scenarios created for you by the sponsors, with guncams/bomb cams and enemies :)

an entire new plane, adding to your memories for life, increasing your life's exposure to something, maybe totally different, new and wildly exciting again...with MORE than you get with the dream plane you choose earlier. At someone else's choice.

So....thats Question Two: DO you stick with your favourite choice from Question One, and get many many more hours than the 3 allocated earlier...a whole year, in that dream kite.

Or do you allow someone esle to choose something totally different? But with your year of flying you are gaining fellow wingmen and immitation dogfights, with all the potential for Bouncing the enemy from out of the sun, the struggle to gain height as they bad guys decend on you, the extended experience, but chosen by someone else.

A Gamble....but perhaps....just perhaps you'd fall in love with something you did'nt expect too....
imagine Dak in a Yak1 or Hat in a Mig3? (I'm guessing these two still dislike these)

You MIGHT even swap modes totally....TiG loses his Mossie and gets a FW190.....Dak loses his SPit and gets a P38!!!

But for a YEAR.....with friends....and in teams :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 17:43 
>1000

as an aside I thking Tumble will fly literally anything, anytime, anwhere, so long as he can make it work hard!!!! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 17:55 

S~!

I would rather fly my ship of choice for a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 17:56 
>500

Welllllll Id go for option 2 deffo

so whats it to be Zak?

FW190? 109G2? Beaufighter? P38? Mossie? Lanc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 18:01 
>1000

for you Dakky.....cos I want you to feel the change.....I'd be evil and yet kind. I know you'd adapt and suddenly...after a few months...we'd all here the loud "CLICK" as it fell into place.

I'd have you saddled in a P47. You would learn, to the nth degree, what it is to climb and dive, to power away, and not turn to fight, but to flee...outrun..and then turn and fight.

You would be so commited to the huge leviathon after a year, you'd wonder what all the fuss was about in Spits. You'd be so used to the mammoth speed, the huge acceleration and the ming boggling height, the awesome dive speed and the firepower, you'd laugh at Spit's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 18:05 
>500

MA_Zak33 wrote:
for you Dakky.....cos I want you to feel the change.....I'd be evil and yet kind. I know you'd adapt and suddenly...after a few months...we'd all here the loud "CLICK"

as he realises he's forgotten his bullets again, right? :twisted:

and yeah I'll fly anything if I could - you are so right. Love to do it as a formation, in a team :) the most fun to be had :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 18:11 
>500

MA_Zak33 wrote:
for you Dakky.....cos I want you to feel the change.....I'd be evil and yet kind. I know you'd adapt and suddenly...after a few months...we'd all here the loud "CLICK" as it fell into place.

I'd have you saddled in a P47. You would learn, to the nth degree, what it is to climb and dive, to power away, and not turn to fight, but to flee...outrun..and then turn and fight.

You would be so commited to the huge leviathon after a year, you'd wonder what all the fuss was about in Spits. You'd be so used to the mammoth speed, the huge acceleration and the ming boggling height, the awesome dive speed and the firepower, you'd laugh at Spit's.

Always likd The P47 would be nice to get to grips with her S! Zak

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 18:44 
>500

I'd go for the second plane and learn something new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 18:51 
>100

Such a difficult choice this one, the prospect of learning something new is always good, but i feel on this choice being able to practise bombing runs to the delight of the crowd as i come over their heads at 50ft works for me ;)

Permission to buzz the tower?, naa the tower is the target heheheehehe

Flour of course ;)

TiG

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 18:57 
>1000

I'd probably go for something else..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 19:06 
Site Admin
Site Admin

go for second plane....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 19:31 
>500

aye, if I had realised my dream, then second plane please

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2005 21:49 
>50

3 hours?! not enough. And i have serious problems with letting my fate rest with someone else.. I'm a do it yourself kinda guy.. So i would probably take that G2, and i would do whatever it takes to stay in that cockpit.. and when tht year is over i would probably crawl in a hole and die.. or run away with her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 07:14 
>500

I'm gonna gamble and go for the car, I mean, option 2 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 17:15 
>1000

you lot are SO different to each other :)

Rhyno first. I honestly thought you'd swap matey. I thought you'd be in that plane chosen by someone else like a shot!

I shall now try to decide what to put each of you in who opted for the "unknown"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 17:21 
>1000

MA_Tumble wrote:
and yeah I'll fly anything if I could - you are so right. Love to do it as a formation, in a team :) the most fun to be had :)

Tumble....for you I'd put you in a P38. I don't think I could get you to run out of experimentation in that....high...fast...heavy...light...rockets...bombs....all of it. You'd be pushed the hardest to vary your weapon load, you challenge and your targets. Yours would be the most varied year ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 17:26 
>1000

MA_Moby wrote:
I'd go for the second plane and learn something new.

Im presuming from the first post, of your choice, the Spit was in your book as No 1, though it was varied to say the least ;)

I would stick you in a Tiger Moth I think. I reckon that, given a year in that, you'd be such a master of the aerobatic manouvre, given ypur methodical and controlled approach, you'de be the MA aerobatics coach.

Seriously...a Moth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 17:29 
>1000

MA_TiG wrote:
Such a difficult choice this one, the prospect of learning something new is always good, but i feel on this choice being able to practise bombing runs to the delight of the crowd as i come over their heads at 50ft works for me ;)

Permission to buzz the tower?, naa the tower is the target heheheehehe

Flour of course ;)

TiG

from that I take it that the Mossie is gonna go now and you'd learn a a new one.

I'm cruel but its for your own good.....you'd be strapped into an IL-2 so firmly you'd live with it. You'd be assigned a job to do over and over...until you were so good at it you could do it unconciousyl...then you'd be moved up a notch of toughness until you were THE DADDY at the IL-2 Cassette runs....

over and over....37 mm canon runs at tanks...

you'd be living, breathing and even mending Il-2's mate. You'd end up being a world authority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 17:31 
>1000

Trig wrote:
I'd probably go for something else..

Presuming you'd decided between F14 and Spit 9....
you'd be in an LA7 for the rest of your 12 months.

Uber plane...Uber pilot. After 1 whole year of eating breakfast with your plane, sleeping in it and living it......the world would tremble at the LA7's arrival.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 17:33 
>1000

MA_Hat wrote:
go for second plane....

I knew you would....need to swap, need to learn new stuff.

No point in putting you in a bomber...wasting your fighter-ness.

Cant put you in a Mig3.....waste of time...too much dislike.

P51 Sir?

Think so.....the finest WWII plane I think...overall.....everything from power to style, and guns too. Would like to have put you in a Lagg3, but you need more that that, be a waste otherwise.

P51 ......yeah :)

suits you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 17:36 
>1000

MA_Clingy wrote:
aye, if I had realised my dream, then second plane please

Now that hard choice.......cos while Ithink you'd be good in most stuff after a long term, the question is....ground or air targets.

Clingy....for you to shine my friend, it would also have to be an IL-2.

I have a feeling that, in real life...you'd feel so comfortable at every point, such confidence would pour from you.....you'd feel the strength of the plane, the load outs, the sheer strength of the airframe...and you'd fall in love.

Il2....and I could then make the tasks vary....immensely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005 17:38 
>1000

SmoothNuts wrote:
I'm gonna gamble and go for the car, I mean, option 2 :)

Nuts..you are so hard to choose for. You fly it ALL well, but to decide what we'd get most from you in.....hmm....

ok..sorry for this BUT....

FW190 prolly an A9.

The options...the bombing of fighting...the speed and your spacial awareness....

FW190 of some sort..later the better :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2005 13:19 
>50

suppose i said nr 2 myself, what would have been my second ride? (just curious)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 12:33 
>1000

Rhyn0 wrote:
suppose i said nr 2 myself, what would have been my second ride? (just curious)

Curiosity killed the cat...err....Rhyno ;)

You I dont really know well enough, ....BUT I think it would be a slow boat.

You've always enjoyed the upper hand of good speed, and good ability to USE that speed. Which MEANS you understand it :)

Which MEANS you could use that knowledge to assist other people in slower, lower planes.

I'd have you in I-16's doing ground pounding missions, and hard pressed Bomber Support.

You'd shine..but you'd hate it. You'd feel tied down, restricted, and yet you'd be helping to keep your fellow pilots alive. Its cruelty but essential for the effort

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2005 11:10 
>50

cool.. i like the rata :D
nice choices Zakky ;) thanks