Relocated
It is currently 24 May 2018 18:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TrakIR4Pro
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2007 18:11 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just thinking aloud here....

With the exchange rate the way it is right now.. maybe it's time to get a TrackIR4Pro?

That 6 degrees of freedom might come in v handy for BOB and other flight sims that are out there now that support it? The improved 46 degrees field of view looks useful too

$179.95 dont seem "soooo" bad when it becomes £91 . Still expensive.. but at least its not £180 !

http://edimensional.com/product_info.ph ... cts_id=106

For me, this would mean another complete relearn on how to fly as Im a left handed mouse person. I have the throttle, rear gunner trigger and different views set up on the mouse wheel and buttons.. and apparently as soon as you touch the mouse, it takes over mouse control from the trackIR. This true?

Using the mouse in the left hand now, I very very rarely lose view of a plane that Im dogfighting with... yet sometimes it gets a bit hairy when theres 2 on me... and will tend to lose my bearings a bit when there's 3... and the old mouse, joystick and everything else is being carted around the table. Im thinking that trackIR might make things easier and free up part of the left hand for maybe a throttle stick or something?

Post subject: Re: TrakIR4Pro
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2007 19:24 
>1000

MA_Hat wrote:
J. and will tend to lose my bearings a bit when there's 3... and the old mouse, joystick and everything else is being carted around the table.

but you are Mr Left Hand Mouse! You cant give up now!!! ;)

Post subject: Re: TrakIR4Pro
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2007 20:08 
>1000

MA_Hat wrote:
For me, this would mean another complete relearn on how to fly as Im a left handed mouse person. I have the throttle, rear gunner trigger and different views set up on the mouse wheel and buttons.. and apparently as soon as you touch the mouse, it takes over mouse control from the trackIR. This true?
No. Mouse is completley independant from TrackIR.
MA_Hat wrote:
Using the mouse in the left hand now, I very very rarely lose view of a plane that Im dogfighting with... yet sometimes it gets a bit hairy when theres 2 on me... and will tend to lose my bearings a bit when there's 3... and the old mouse, joystick and everything else is being carted around the table. Im thinking that trackIR might make things easier and free up part of the left hand for maybe a throttle stick or something?
Yup, infinitely better when TrackIR is setup just right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2007 09:09 
>50

[H]ard|OCP have just done a review on this. There is also some $30 off discount for Hard readers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2007 11:51 
>500

As I said in the CHPT thread dont forget VAT and duty if you are importing.

I'd love to replace my TrackIR 3 Pro with it when the games I'm playing support it's full funcionality. I love mine and couldnt play IL2 without it even though I dont have the vector expansion pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2007 13:31 
>1000

I think mine has been dropped a few times too many - as play time progresses I find myself having to lean further and further forward for it to still work - though it could be all in my head perhaps.

I sometimes find it loses track of my dots, despite the display showing them in full view.. weird but like I say, it hass been dropped a few times..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2007 21:09 
>500

Must admit, my trackIR2 is getting very long in the tooth....

How far away is Christmas?